Parkville High School's Attendance Policy
To help organize and develop a constant level of quality, please use
these tips when writing an absence excuse note or early dismissal note.
- For absences, the student has 3 days to turn the note
into the homeroom teacher to get marked excused in the BCPS Attendance
- The absent note must include the dates of absence,
parent name, student name, reason for absence, current date, and a
daytime phone number where the parent can be reached in case
verification is necessary. (Please use the format to the right for more
- Students that miss more than 3 consecutive days of
school MUST have a doctor's note accompanying the absent note for it to
- Early dismissal notes must be given to the school the
morning of the dismissal in order to obtain a release pass. They can be
delivered in person from the student at the Main Office front counter.
At the current time, please do not e-mail notes to PHS.
- For college, other school visits, or religious holidays,
students must request the date(s) off before the absences. Failure to
notify the school prior to the absences may result in unexcused
- A "Violent Storms" excuse is only valid when issued by the National Weather Service.
- "Lack of Authorized Transportation" is not a valid excuse if a student misses the bus.